2012/02/22

Wednesday Indulgence_ 2012 02 22

Sweet wine glasses by Alvaro Siza Vieira. (Catavinos de Oporto, de Álvaro Siza Vieira).
Recently, we spent a few days on a trip along the Douro Valley. We discovered an amazing vineyards landscape- the oldest protected wine region in the world- and the incredible taste of the Porto sweet wine. Much as I enjoyed that trip, I’m not writing about that today… (I’d like to write another post about it).
Today, I want to share with you this nice Porto glass, I bought a pair of this in a family winery at Vilanova da Gaia, Porto. It was specially designed by the Portuguese architect Alvaro Siza Vieira, for the  Instituto dos Vinhos do Douro e do Porto.


Although it may seem a simple design, I think it's a very sophisticated porto- glass.
Alvaro Siza also designed a wine label for Quinta do infantado, a Portuguese winery to celebrate its 25th anniversary.
I enjoy searching for non-architectural works made by architects, even more if they are wine- items.
And how do you feel about this Rioja wine-glass? It was a design- contest winner: La Copa del Rioja.


Have a nice Wednesday!







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario